Black and White is part of Moorhouse Group Limited and this privacy notice explains how we will use personal information we will collect about you when you use this website or when you contact us by telephone.
How will we use the information you give us
We will only use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be insurers, other insurance brokers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or administer our records.
To help assess your insurance application, maintain insurance industry database records and to help prevent fraud and money laundering, your details will be submitted to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations where your records may be searched.
We may also conduct a search with a credit reference agency to assist us in providing a quote and to check which payment options we can make available to you. A copy of this search may be left on your credit file but will not affect your credit score.
All personal information is treated confidentially and is safely stored on our computer servers, with security systems preventing unauthorised access.
Please note: We will only disclose any information to you. If you would like someone else to deal with your quotation or policy on your behalf please ensure you notify us.
We will also disclose your information in the following exceptional cases permitted by law:
- Where we are legally forced to
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose information
- Where you have given permission to disclose information
- Where we have to protect our interest
If we, or your insurer, have to transfer your personal data to a third country outside the EEA, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies.
What type of personal information do we need?
- We may need personal details which might include your name and postal address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, credit / debit card details and bank details. This may include details of members of your family, lifestyle, finances, business or education.
- We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do so in line with our data retention policy. You can ask us for a copy.
What other types of information may we need (sensitive)?
- We might also need details of criminal convictions.
- We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
- Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about Race or Origin, Gender, Religion, Health, Polictics, Genetics, Trade Union Membership or Sexual Orientation.
- Please ensure that you only provide us with sensitive information about other people with their agreement.
How do we obtain your information?
- We may gather it from information you submit to a website, by telephone, face to face or by email.
- We may receive it from insurers, other insurance brokers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records. We may also receive your information from an introducer appointed representative or an external data company.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies, more information about this can be found below.
When we contact you, it will either be for the performance of a contract or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products to you. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe at any time.
What are my legal rights?
You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us at the address below. This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
Compliance Department, Moorhouse Group Ltd, Barclay House, 2-3 Sir Alfred Owen Way, Caerphilly, CF83 3HU
Please quote your name, postal address and email address along with the details of your requirement.
In order to confirm your identity and before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you, you may be required to provide two forms of identification such as a copy of a passport or driving licence and a copy of a utility bill to confirm address.
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our data retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk or tel: 0303 123 11132
When you use our website we automatically collect information about your browsing session such as your IP address and the type of device you are using. We also keep track of the pages you view during your visit. We use this information to improve the way our website operates and for system administration purposes. For further detail please see the Cookies section below.
If you submit an enquiry via the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website we will collect information about you such as your name, telephone number and email address. We will use this information only to respond to your enquiry and for no other purpose.
This website uses Google Analytics to help determine how you use our website, for instance it collects information about your browsing activity in an anonymous form. For further information on how Google uses data click on the following link: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
Cookies are text files which identify your computer to our server. We automatically issue your computer with a cookie whenever you register on our website (or possibly when you browse) in order to track traffic flows, and additionally to make our website easier for you to use.
Cookies themselves only record which areas of the site have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long.
You are able to set your computers to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
Please note that some of the third parties present on our website may also issue cookies.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, please click here for further information and an explanation on how to remove cookies from your browser. In a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Changes to our privacy notice
If we change our privacy notice, we will post any changes on these pages so that you are always aware of how we use your information. This privacy notice was last updated on 11th April 2018.